Five home improvements to increase your home’s value
Looking to increase your home’s value while you are working from home? Here are five easy home improvements you can do to help improve your homes value:
- Small upgrades make a big difference: Many of us have long lists of major upgrades we would love to do if we had the money, but small upgrades can make a big difference too! Upgrading or replacing faucets, cabinet hardware, and window coverings to more modern finishes can re-invigorate your space. You can also work on fixing broken latches or locks and updating lighting features in your home to make it feel more move-in ready.
- A coat of paint goes a long way: Thinking about painting? A coat of paint can make a big difference in the feel of your home. Focus on bright and neutral tones that will be broadly appealing. Don’t forget to touch up areas that are often forgotten like trim around windows and baseboard trim. Take painting one room at a time and make sure to paint a small spot on the wall before committing to painting the whole room to make sure you love the way the color looks.
- Spring cleaning anyone? Even if you aren’t thinking of putting your home on the market immediately, regular deep cleaning can help set the basis to increase your homes value in the future. De-cluttering and deep cleaning floors, windowsills, cabinetry, and walls helps to keep your home in showing ready condition for when you are ready to sell. Deep cleaning and organizing our homes can also help us find things we don’t need anymore. Have a yard sale with your finds to help fund your next home project!
- Curb appeal can draw buyers in: For home improvements we often think of things inside our home we want to accomplish, but outside matters too! Making sure outside spaces are tidy is a good start. Having a curated outside space helps to make the first impression a buyer has of your home the best that it can be. You can improve your curb appeal by planting seasonal flowers, using shrubbery to accent your homes features, or by mulching or seeding areas that need attention. Start by making a plan for where your lawn needs a pick me up and then find flowers or plants that match your personality.
- Focus on high-impact areas like Kitchens or Bathrooms: Many agents agree that remodels to the bathroom or kitchen are the most valuable when selling your home. If you are trying to prioritize areas in the home to do a remodel these areas could help increase your home’s value while still allowing you to bring your vision! In the kitchen think about updating cabinets, countertops, adding a unique and tasteful backsplash, or upgrading outdated appliances. For Bathrooms think about tiling showers, upgrading flooring, or replacing your old vanity for a newer and more versatile one.
The Gove Group Realtors are licensed in NH, ME, and MA and would love to help you sell your home. For a professional Comparative Market Analysis of your homes potential value in the current market or If you are thinking of selling your home or buying a new own please contact The Gove Group Real Estate, LLC today.