CURRENT COMMUNITIES IN FREMONT, NH
This Town was once part of Brentwood known as Poplin, which was incorporated as a separate town in 1764.
In 1783, by act of Legislature, Daniel Brown and 20 other families were severed from Poplin and annexed to the Parish of Hawke (Danville) for parochial purposes. The Town's name was changed to Fremont in 1854, in honor of the very popular General John C. Fremont. General Fremont was the first candidate of the Republican Party in the presidential election of 1856, losing to James Buchanan, and the first territorial governor of Arizona, 1878-1883.