A fun (and easy) three course meal to make you feel like your fine dining at home
Missing your weekly date night out? Bring the date night home to you with this easy three course meal that will make you feel like you are fine dining.
Caprese Salad Kabobs. Tasty, quick, and elegant.
-Toothpicks or skewers
-Grape (or cherry) tomatoes
Directions: Cut the mozzarella cheese into one inch cubes. On each of 12 appetizer skewers, alternately thread 2 tomatoes, 1 cheese cube and 2 basil leaves. To serve, whisk together oil and balsamic vinaigrette, drizzle over kabobs and serve. Voila!
Monterey Jack Burger with crispy zucchini fries. Delicious and healthy!
Ingredients (for two servings, double for four):
-10 oz Ground Beef
-2 Burger Buns
-1 Tablespoon Mayo
-1 Red Onion
-1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
-1/2 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
-1/4 Cup breadcrumbs
-2 Tablespoons Balsalmic Vinnagredtte
-2 Garlic Cloves
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Mince or grate the garlic. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the onion. Halve the zucchini lengthwise and widthwise, then slice into thin wedges (like steak fries).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and as much garlic as you like (start with 1/4 teaspoon and go up from there). Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar to the pan. Cook until reduced and syrupy. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, toss the zucchini wedges in a medium bowl with ½ Tablespoon garlic aioli, panko, oregano, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the zucchini out onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown. HINT: Some of the breadcrumbs will fall off, but that’s ok!
- Cook the burgers: Wash out the pan you cooked the onions in. Heat a drizzle of oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Form the beef into 2 patties and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the patties to the pan. Cook 3-5 minutes per side, until almost cooked to desired doneness. Top with the cheese, then cover to allow it to melt about 1 minute.
- Finish and serve: Meanwhile, split the buns and place in the oven to toast 3-4 minutes. Spread the buns with the ketchup, then top each with a burger and as much red onion marmalade as you like. Serve with the zucchini fries on the side. TIP: Dip the fries in any remaining ketchup or aioli! Enjoy!
Decadent Chocolate Mousse. All the chocolate you could want, need I say more?
-4 Large Egg Yolks
-1/4 Cups sugar
-2 ½ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
-8 Ounces Semisweet Baking Chocolate, Chopped
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls. Refrigerate until serving.
You did it! Set the table, light some candles, pour a glass of your favorite beverage and enjoy the delicious dinner you created, you deserve it!