CURRENT COMMUNITITES IN STRATHAM, NH
Stratham was settled in 1631 and incorporated in 1716. The area was know as Squamscott Patent on Point of Rocks because of its location between Great Bay and the Squamscott River. It was also know called Winnicutt by the Pennacook Indians. Stratham was the sixth town in the colony to be incorporated. It got its name because of its connection to Baron Howland of Streatham.
Each summer the town hosts the Stratham Fair, held at Stratham Hill Park.